From Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District:
Happy National Groundwater Awareness Week!
Learn about your Water Well:
- Look for your well record on the TCEQ Water Well Report Viewer
- Get ready to pre-register for the District’s upcoming FREE Water Well Checkup. Water will be analyzed for bacteria, nitrate, pH, and salinity. Area experts will be on hand to talk about water treatment, septic system maintenance, tree care, sustainable gardening techniques, and more!
- Download the District’s Well Owner Guide
Inspire students and teachers to learn about groundwater:
- 9-15 year-olds can submit and application for Aquatic Science Adventure Camp scholarships. The summer camp is hosted by the Edwards Aquifer Research and Data Center at Texas State. Scholarships are either $150 or $650, depending on the length of camp.
- High school juniors and seniors can submit essays on groundwater topics for the $2,500 college scholarship essay contest.
- Teachers can sign up for the FREE Groundwater to the Gulf Summer Institute for Educators to learn about local water issues, science, and methods for bringing those topics back into the classroom through hands-on activities.
Scholarship applications/essays are due the Tuesday after Spring Break!